Donations that jingle and fold are critical for organizations like GOSO. But just as important is the donation of goods and services which contribute to our guys’ path to re-entry success! This season — and all year long — we hope you’ll consider a donation of dress socks (for the guy on his way to his first job interview!) or a donation of time at one of our workshops. There are so many ways to give to GOSO. Thank you!
SUPPLIES & SERVICES
- New dress socks
- New dress shoes (including connecting GOSO to a distributor who might make a bulk contribution)
- Baby formula
- Food donations (be it snacks to sustain at our trainings and workshops or supplies for one of our in-office cooking sessions with the Guys!)
- Tattoo removal
- Tutors: help our guys study up as they work towards achieving their TASC/GED and, for many, prepare for college applications!
- Linkage/connections to increase our internships and employment partners, specifically retail, fashion, music and sports, office work
- Connections to paid internships for younger clients, ages 16-18, who are still in school
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- Positive Points System: Gifts — monetary, experiential, anything — to motivate our guys to achieve
- Coaches Club: Tickets to museums and other exciting venues and trips, etc.
- Tickets to sporting events: help our guys decompress from their hard work
- Tickets to movies: provide bonding trips for our guys and their mentors as well as staff
- College text books: whether it’s money for us to buy copies or a connection to a seller who might donate in bulk, please help our guys invest in their educaiton
- Vocational training: Driver’s Ed, CDL, HVAC and trade schools … our guys are serious about their futures, and they’re getting the certifications to match!